May 12, 2015

Conference

General conference is one of my favorite weekends of the year and having Jamie in the bishopric has only intensified that joy. I loved that it was on Easter weekend this year. And one of the best things about general conference is that Emmy is now old enough to go to the women's conference with me.
We went to Kneaders and ate before women's conference. Emmy got this sugar cookie with her meal and loved it.
I had gotten her a little journal to take to conference with her and she took notes the whole time. She was pretty cute. After conference she wanted an Icee so we stopped and got her one. We had a fun evening. I asked her what her favorite part was and she said, "Dinner was good and the Icee was good, but the best part was Women's Conference." I'm glad she's now old enough to go with me.
Saturday morning all the kids got their stuff ready to take notes.
And we filled up the M&M guy -an important part of general conference. TJ decided that he wanted his Star Wars guy filled up this year too.
There were so many wonderful talks. I think my favorite talk was Sister Burton's Talk "We'll Ascend Together." I think it was one of the best talks I have ever heard. I love that we have the opportunity to get instructed by the apostles and prophets.

No comments:

Post a Comment