School started the 6th of August. Here are the kids ready to go.
Getting on the bus.
Getting off at school.
Waiting in line with her class, ready to walk in.
There are days with your kids where they teach you more than you teach them. Today was one of those days with Addy. She has really worried about going to school. I wanted her to be in half day but the half day school was 12 miles away so after a lot of thought and prayer we decided to put her in all day and she has really stressed about it. When I was getting ready, Addy came into my bathroom and she said, "you know what I decided?" I said, "what?" And she said, "I am not going to worry, I am not going to cry, it will be good." And it was like from that moment she made the decision that she could do it. When we were waiting in line for her to go to her classroom, she fought back tears the whole time, but she did it. Addy has so much heart. More so, than just about any little kid I have ever seen. When she makes up her mind to do something, she does it. I love that about her. I know she will be good because she decided she would. But it was still really hard for me to let her go. I was thinking I would have another year of her just in half day. I wasn't prepared to lose her for the full day already. I will miss her as I do each of them.









No comments:
Post a Comment