Rook showed up last Saturday morning, the 23rd. I started having a few contractions about 3:30 but they weren't very hard or very close together so I didn't think much of them. I got up about 5:30 and started talking to Jamie and then about 6 told him we probably should start getting things ready to go to the hospital. My contractions still weren't that strong or that close together but I was Group B strep positive and so they wanted to get 2 doses of penicillin in me before he came and they needed to be administered 4 hours apart. So I told Jamie we should probably just go. It was a good thing we did. We checked into the hospital at 7:31 and he was born at 8:37. They were waiting on my blood work to come back before they would give me an epidural because my white blood count had been low. It took so long to come back, because it was too low and they double checked it, that I didn't get an epidural. This was the only kid I haven't had one with. Epidurals are good things:) But I felt like it was a tender mercy that he had come so fast and I feel like my recovery has been a lot quicker and less painful without the epidural. He weighed 8 pounds 6 ounces, the biggest of my kids. He was 20 inches long. When he came out his face was really bruised and purple. The doctor said it was because he came out so fast and he kind of had the cord wrapped around him.
Emmy didn't want anyone else holding him. She thought she should be the only to get to.
My little family. I am one lucky girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment