March 19, 2013

11 Days....

It's hard to know how much to post on the blog sometimes, but I haven't been all that great at writing in my journal lately, so in a lot of ways this becomes my journal by default. Rook is due in 11 days - it was 16 days when this picture was taken. I feel like I just stick out forever. We were walking in the grocery store the other day and this old man walks by us and just points at me and says, "she's trying to sneak a watermelon out," and that is exactly how I feel most of the time. If you would have asked me 10 years ago, how many kids I wanted I would have said 4. This will be 5. So I will get one more than I thought I would. My body feels worn out to me. I think 5 kids in a little over 6 years is a lot for it to deal with. Jamie thought we were done at 3 and it is because of a couple of special experiences that he has had that we have had the last 2. He will be 42 this year, and feels like he is ready to move past the baby stage of his life. And I don't blame him. I am definitely tired of being pregnant and ready to meet our new little son. But there is still something a little bitter sweet to think this will probably be the last child that we will have. So even though I am ready for him to come, I am trying to not wish the time away. We already love you Rook and can't wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment