Jamie had to go to Pima to do a mini triathlon with the teachers quorum. This is the second year he has gone and when he told me last year that they let girls in, I decided I wanted to do it. It has been fun to get to train with him the last few months and have a common goal. We have been exercising every morning. When we started it was too dark outside to exercise outside so we would usually do an exercise video. One of the fun things that has come from this is that our kids now will usually get up in the morning and exercise. Here is Addy working out to Jillian Michaels.
We went down to Pima Friday afternoon and got checked in. When you check in, they write your number on your calf. We left the older three kids with Jamie's parents but we took Evie with us. The girls that wrote our numbers on thought she was so cute and asked if they could write on her calf too.
We checked in and they told us we had a 7:05 start time. We were in the first 50 and actually ended up being the first team in the pool. I was so glad it was that early. It was so nice to be done before it got too hot. The tri was 75 meters in a pool, 6 miles on a bike, and a 2 mile run. The pool was cold. Jamie said it wasn't as bad as last year, but it felt pretty chilly to me. It was everything I could do to make it through that lap and a half, but once that was over, it went pretty good. I had two goals; to do it in under an hour and to not have to stop and walk during the running part. I finished in 55:21 and I didn't have to stop running so I was excited about that. My other secret goal was to beat Jamie. His time was 55:20, wouldn't you know. I knew he would beat me on the swimming and biking but I was hoping I could catch him on the running. About 3/4 of the way through the running I caught up with him and we got to run the last 1/2 mile together. So that was fun. Here we are before the race.
This is our first transition area after the swim.
And finishing.
I ended up 12th out of 82 girls and Jamie ended up 416th out of 1040 guys. So I was pretty proud of us both. I am so glad I got to do it and am grateful to the Espersons for watching the older 3 and Christine for watching Evie. Thanks you guys!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment