April 9, 2012

The Jump

For Christmas this year, all of my sister-in-laws got my brothers gift certificates to go sky diving. They asked me if I wanted to go with them and I told them no. It wasn't something that I had ever wanted to do and I didn't think it was overly responsible with 4 kids under the age of 6 to go jumping out of an airplane. But Saturday morning my dad and Wacey were at my house and they were getting ready to go. My mom was calling the skydiving place to see if they had enough room for my dad and I kind of started wanting to go, mainly because it was something that I could do with all of my brothers and my dad. I knew that if I didn't go then, I would probably not get the chance again. At least not with the 6 of them. So 10 minutes before they left, I asked Jamie if he was okay if I went and threw some clothes on. Here are some pictures of us getting suited up.
We had to go in two shifts because we had to jump tandem and there weren't enough instructors to take us all at once. I jumped with Wacey, Tommy, and Shawn.
It was AMAZING!!!! I am so glad I went. When they roll up that door and you realize what is about to happen, it is pretty intense. But the ride down was so worth it. If you ever get the chance, don't pass it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment