May 6, 2010

T.J.'s Birthday Part I

We celebrated T.J.'s birthday with Jamie's family Monday night. We went to a park with a spray pad, had a 4 ft sub, ate cake and had fun. His birthday isn't until next Monday but we got him a sleeping bag for his birthday and we thought he was going to the Father and Sons outing this weekend so... When we asked him what he wanted for his birthday all he said was a cars cake. I'm not sure where he even got that idea. I made him a cake that looked like a race track last year and I don't know if he was referring to that or if he wanted a Cars, like the movie. So I decided I would give it a try. It only took me 4 hours and learning that it is virtually impossible to make black frosting. But you live and learn. Next time it will be much easier. Here is the cake.

Playing in the water at the spray pad. I love how it looks like he is posing.
Emmy blowing out his candles.
Eating his cake.
His new sandbox from the Espersons. Him and Emmy have already had lots of fun with it.

2 comments:

  1. He is so dang cute. That cake looks awesome - you keep amazing me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a lot of fun. I want to play in the spray pad.

    ReplyDelete