May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a great mother's day. I started at 6:30 this morning and got to go visit my grandma's gravesite. It had been awhile since I had been there. She was such a remarkable woman and I miss her so much. I wish she could have known Jamie and my kids. She would have loved him and them. Then my wonderful husband got me a little camera. I have a big one, but I have been wanting something smaller that is easier to take to everyday things. I also got to see my mom and one of the funnest parts of my day was watching her open her present. Since Christmas she has been busy making doll clothes. Emmy and almost all of my nieces have 18" dolls. So my mom decided she was going to make them all clothes for Christmas. Her goal is to make them each 12 outfits and she is making 16 sets of them. She is making them wedding dresses, prom dresses, swimming suits, sweat outfits, denim jeans, etc. You name it, she is making it. So she decided she wanted an American girl doll and she was going to keep one set of clothes for herself. She will probably end up giving that set to Wacey's daughter when he has one, but anyways. So I decided that I was going to make her an outfit for her doll. So I took her old cheerleading uniform from high school and made her doll one to match. Here is a picture of her cheerleading outfit and Emmy's doll in one of the ones I made to match.
I know so many remarkable women who are such incredible moms and I am grateful for their examples. I LOVE being a mom. It is the hardest thing I have ever done and it is a daily challenge with 3 kids 3 and under but I feel so extremely blessed to be one.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a great day - you have lucky kids to have such a great mom! You amaze me more with your talents. Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete