July 18, 2017

Swim Championships

Last year we missed her championship swim meet because we were on trek and she won all 3 of her events. We knew this year would be harder because she was the youngest in her age group instead of the oldest. She signed up to race 3 tough events and had a rough prelims. Her goggles filled up with water during her first race and it shook her up pretty good. So I was a little worried about her championships tonight. But she came out and started out good and just kept getting stronger. She won 2nd in the freestyle, won 9th in the butterfly and 8th in the IM, but she came from behind to win her heat. She was dead tired but told me afterwards, I just told myself that no one else was going to beat me. She has so much heart and I was super proud of her tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment