December 31, 2014

Christmas

We began Christmas by reading the Christmas story out of the Bible. Then we let the kids go downstairs. Emmy got a new bike, TJ got Ninjago Legos, Addy got an IPOD shuffle, (she had asked for a violin but Jamie refinished one to give to her so Santa had to bring her something else.) Evie got an Elsa doll, Rook got a train table, Jamie got a new gun and I got a new sewing machine. We were all spoiled.

One of the funnest things for me this year was to watch the kids pick out presents for each other. When we went to visit Grammy and Papa a few weeks ago Addy had gone to the Dollar Store with Grammy and picked out a snow globe. She broke it as soon as she got home and she was devastated. So TJ came up to me one day and told me he wanted to get her another one for Christmas. She was really excited. 
Emmy made a book for TJ. She wrote the book and illustrated the pages and then I just scanned them in and had it printed. It was so cute. She also has been learning to sew and made Addy and Evie little blankets for their dolls. She spent hours on all of them and they turned out great.
After we opened our presents we cleaned house and got ready for brunch with the Espersons and then tried out our new toys.
We had a really good day. Some days I wonder why I am so incredibly blessed when there are so many people in this world who struggle. I don't know the answer to that question. But I am so grateful for the blessings that are mine and for a Savior who loved each of us enough to come to earth and die for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment