A couple of months ago I heard that they were going to have a half marathon in Gilbert. I decided I wanted to do it and have spent the last 8 weeks getting ready for it. My goal was to run it in under 2 hours. I ended up with a time of 1:52:34. So I was really excited about that. It was a really good experience for me and it was really fun to run it in Gilbert. At least half of the race was either places where I had ran either in training or on previous runs or places that I drive by all the time. Jamie was amazing through this experience. He would run with me early in the morning when I was too scared to run in the dark by myself and he watched the kids on Saturday mornings while I did my long runs. My dad sent me a letter from Louisiana with advice and my mom left me a note and a new shirt when she came a few days before my run. Laura, Shawna and Jaime messaged me on facebook a few days before. I learned from this race that I am surrounded by amazing people and that Gilbert really is starting to be my home. I am truly blessed. Sometimes I see my 5 beautiful children and my amazing husband and I really do wonder how I got to be here. As my dad once told me, "Life is really good if you let it be."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love this!
ReplyDelete