May 15, 2014

Mother's Day

A few days before mother's day TJ and Jamie were at Costco. Jamie asked TJ what he wanted to get me for mother's day and he said flowers. So they went over by the flowers and Jamie told TJ he could pick some out. There were some yellow flowers with the ones that TJ was looking at and Jamie said he was sure TJ would choose yellow, but he chose these instead. When I asked him why he didn't pick the yellow ones he said, "Cause I didn't want to get you my favorite color." He is such a thoughtful little kid and I love him so much.
Here they are with my presents. They got me stuff for my camera, which I always love.
And here we are before church. 
I had a wonderful Mother's Day. TJ picked me out fun flowers. Emmy made me a really cute card. The kids helped with the dishes and tried to be really good. The Elder's quorum set up chocolate fountains in the cultural hall the last 20 minutes of relief society. So that was a fun surprise. But my favorite part of the day was when Jamie came walking into our house only 5 minutes after we got home from church instead of the hour later he usually does, and got to spend the rest of the evening with us. When I look at the picture of me and my 5 beautiful children I am overcome with a sense of gratitude. I have been blessed with the perfect life - it is literally everything I ever hoped it would be. Day to day can be hard and stressful but I truly have so much to be grateful for. I always have this worry in the back of my mind that something is going to happen to me or Jamie or one of the kids and it will all be taken away, but I guess that is the miracle of the sealing power -that even if it is, they are still mine and I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for that blessing. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great Mother's Day! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete