July 10, 2012

4th of July Valley Style

We had a really relaxing 4th of July. We started the night before by visiting Gay and Boppa's grave. Boppa was an airforce pilot and died on the 4th of July. The kids enjoyed helping clean the headstone and the weather was actually not too bad.
We started the 4th off in the pool.
We mainly just hung out all day. I had to do a little grocery shopping and while I was out it started raining. When I was driving home it was 11:58 and my dashboard said 74 degrees. It was absolutely beautiful. I felt like it was a tender mercy. I don't ever remember it being that cool on the 4th of July since I started living down here. We finished the day by eating watermelon, hamburgers and hotdogs and corn on the cob.
Then it was back in the pool while dad made pineapple upside down cake in the dutch oven, which was delicious.
And then it was sparklers and fireworks out front before bed.
It was a wonderful day with family and I am so grateful to be in a country where I can celebrate when and how I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment