May 17, 2012
The Worth of a Stranger
We left Sunday morning about 9:15 to go to San Diego. We had already had a 15 minute detour on a dirt road outside of Maricopa when a helicopter had to land on the 2 lane road for an accident. Then about 45 miles outside of Yuma we blew a tire. So we pull over, it is about 105 degrees outside and we have four kids ages 5 and under strapped in the back. But I knew we had a spare, so I thought Jamie can just swap them out and we will be back on the road. We bought our van about a year and a half ago and have never had to use the spare. Jamie had checked it a couple of months ago and it was low so he had filled it up with air. Well the tools to change the tire and the spare are located in different spots. When he went to get the tools out there was no lug wrench. So we have a spare tire, just no way to change it. So we were discussing trying to flag someone down and hoping they had a lug wrench that would work on our car. So I say a silent prayer that someone will stop and they will have the right tools. Within 5 minutes, a woman about 35 who was by herself pulled over. She told Jamie that she had a feeling we needed help. Jamie was standing outside of the van when she pulled over. So she knew there was a man there. I would have never stopped. I would have thought, what can I do that he can't. But she listened, and she did stop. Her lug wrench fit our car and within 10 minutes we were back on the road. She turned what could have been a miserable hour, into a reminder that we have a Heavenly Father who knows us individually and answers our prayers, usually through the service of other people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment