September 15, 2010

Our Little Miracle

How many times are our lives blessed and we push it off as a coincidence or luck or something else? I have debated posting this because it is so trivial and yet to me and Jamie it was kind of a big deal. We have been working on our garden and we wanted some more dirt to put on it. A few houses down they are putting in a swimming pool. So I asked them to dump 2/3 of a load on our driveway. So this is what we started with.
So the first day, I shoveled a few wheelbarrow fulls while Jamie was at work, and then the next few mornings we both got up early before the kids got up and worked on it and so then we decided we wanted it gone by the weekend. I asked Jamie when he woke up what he wanted to get done on Saturday. He said, I would consider it a very productive day if we got rid of all of that dirt. So we worked really hard that day, Jamie a lot harder than me because I got to take breaks to watch the kids. Here are my two men at work when it was still early and we were all still smiling.
And my girls enjoying watching the boys work.
So anyways, we fill the garden, fill all the holes in our yard, put dirt everywhere we could possibly ever need it and we aren't even close to having it gone. So we put an ad on craigslist and Jamie borrows his dads truck to go haul the rest to our rental. So he makes the first load to the rental, comes back, we fill the truck up again, he goes back over to the rental to unload and the wheelbarrow has a flat. By this time, it is about 7 at night, it is getting dark, and we are both worn out and tired. So he unloads the truck with a flat tire on the wheelbarrow. So he comes back, we load the truck again and he takes a load over to his dad's because he needs to return the truck. So by the time him and his dad unload that load, he washes out the truck and gets home, it is like 10:00 on Saturday night. We still have quite a bit of dirt in our drive way and Jamie has a 6 am meeting on Sunday morning. So I am walking back into the house Saturday night after watching him drive away to take the truck back to his dad and I'm thinking to myself, I don't know if this is too trivial to pray for but we have worked really hard and we need the rest of that dirt gone. So Sunday Jamie gets up and goes to his meeting at 6 and the dirt is still in our driveway, he comes home at 7:30 and the dirt is all gone. We had put a sign out that said free dirt and our neighbor down the street had taken it. He said, "I hope you don't mind that I took the rest of it." We both felt like it was a little miracle.

1 comment:

  1. I think these miracles are HUGE! A few years ago when I was really pregnant with Cole I had to run to the grocery store for a few supplies for mutual. I was dreading it because Fry's is always packed in the evening. Somehow I got pole position parking and just as I came to check out a lady opened a new line. It may seem small but I still remember it as a tender mercy and miracle. I'm glad you wrote about this:)

    ReplyDelete