I have made Emmy an Easter dress every year. I don't really know why I started. Until I started making her dresses, I had never sewn anything since home-ec in junior high. I think I do it mostly out of nostalgia. My grandmother was a wonderful seamstress. I still have several beautiful dresses that she made me when I was little. I also have an aunt who used to make me clothes. She made my prom dress my senior year of high school. I never sew without thinking of these two incredible women whom I love so much. So while it's usually not cheaper than just buying a dress, and I definitely have to search for the time to work on them, it is something that I enjoy doing every year. I finished Emmy and Addy's dresses today. It was the first year I've had to make two. They will look cuter on, I promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You AMAZE me! I haven't sewn anything since Home ec. I don't know how to follow a pattern, maybe I should have listened a little better in school.
ReplyDeleteJamie - those are adorable! For not sewing much, you did an excellent job! I have to admit, I have never made a dress for Jaidee - I can't follow patterns and my mom does it 10x better and faster than I ever could. I made her a skirt and the elastic broke in primary so her skirt fell right off. Maybe i'll try again later, but we'll see.
ReplyDelete