April 21, 2010
32
Sometimes I don't think I express my feelings very well when I blog, but it is what it is. I turned 32 yesterday. I used to think that celebrating holidays was kind of dumb. I didn't like the fact that there was a certain day set aside where people felt obligated to give you a call, or buy you a present, etc. I felt like if people wanted to do those things they should just do them. Yesterday, I changed my point of view a little bit. I still think that we should let the people we love know more often and that we don't need a holiday to do so. However, if it takes my birthday to hear from people I haven't heard from in awhile then it is definitely worth it. I got to talk to my best friend from high school yesterday which I usually do twice a year, her birthday and mine. Thanks for the call, Shawna, love ya. I heard from an old roommate, a friend that I used to teach with, several of my brothers, some of whom I don't hear from very often. I also got a wonderful card from my parents, with some great words of love and advice, my in-laws came and babysat for me so Jamie could take me out. I just felt extremely loved yesterday. So thanks to all who made it a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Birthdays are great! I decided that a while ago too- Birthdays are great for that. They have to be good for something when you get older. It was great to talk to you! We may never talk to each other if we didn't have birthdays!!
ReplyDelete