March 20, 2010

Taylor

Me and the kids headed to Taylor on Wednesday morning to stay for a couple of days. There is something about going there that always makes me feel grounded and like I can face whatever is going on. It is nice to go somewhere that I don't have internet access and there aren't any TV stations (yes, my parents live in the dark ages and I love it.) and where I can remember where I'm from and what I loved about growing up. I think we chose one of the best days we could have picked to go. The weather was beautiful Wednesday and the kids got to ride horses.




And play outside.

Grammy always feeds them fun snacks. Notice T.J.'s cheeks. I blistered them the first day we were there. I felt so bad. I really didn't think I let them play outside for that long but the poor kid just has such sensitive skin. Emmy was barely pink and he was completely fried.

And me, I got my first Harley ride. Each one of my brother's have such different personalities and distinct characteristics that endear them to me. One of Tommy's is being a bargainer. It seems like he always has some deal going on. Well he was going to build a deck for a lady and this was his payment. I was a little bit nervous about going with him, but it was a lot of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment