February 20, 2010

"It's Just a Dad and Emmy Dance"

Jamie and Emmy had a daddy-daughter date last night. The town put on a Valentine's dance for dads and their daughters and Jamie and I decided it would be fun for him to take Emmy. So I spent the week making her a dress and she spent the week talking about going. She was so excited. When I asked her if I could come she said, "You don't get to go. It's just a Dad and Emmy dance." Here is the picture of us doing her hair getting ready to go.
Here are some pictures of her all dressed up ready to go.
And some pictures of her and her very handsome date

At the dance, Emmy got a little pink corsage.

Then they got to eat pizza and strawberries dipped in chocolate. Then they danced to songs including Macarena and Dancing Queen (Emmy's Favorite). They also had a little area where they got to do crafts and make a flower out of Hershey's kisses and tissue paper. Then they had their picture taken. Emmy was so shy she wouldn't hardly look up at the camera so we will have to see how that turns out. But her favorite part of the whole night was playing with the balloons that were all over the floor. She loved throwing them around and chasing them.

And here is outside the building, under a canopy right before they came home.
I think the night was a complete success, except for poor T.J. He had his heart broken when they left. I had planned on taking him out to McDonald's or something but then Jamie ended up taking my car and I can't fit T.J. and Addy in Jamie's car. I felt so bad for him. I think these pictures pretty much sum up the night from his point of view.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my heck that is so stinkin cute! I can't believe you just whipped out Emmy's dress, it's so cute! What a good daddy (again) to take her on a fun date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a good idea! they both look great for the dance.

    ReplyDelete