August 2, 2017

And then there was one...

This cute girl started kindergarten. She has been a little nervous. When we went to meet the teacher night, her teacher gave her some "ready confetti" to help her sleep well and be ready for her first day of kindergarten. So we sprinkled some under her pillow the night before and it must have worked because she woke up ready to go.
Here she is waiting in line with her class.
And getting off the bus. She said she had a good first day and nothing bad happened:) I was really grateful for that.
Addy started third grade, TJ 4th, and Emmy 5th.
It is always a double edged sword when school starts again. I am ready for a more structured life and some time to myself but I also miss the freedom of just being able to pick up and go if we want to do something.
So it's down to just me and this kid. For the first time in a long time I feel like I am starting to get my head above water and they are all leaving. One of the drawbacks of having 5 kids in 6 years. I know I am going to bawl like a baby when Rook leaves next year so I am going to just try and enjoy this last year with him.
Nana was afraid he would feel left out so she brought him a special delivery. Fillmore and a Cars hat. He quickly forgot about being left behind.
Happy first day of school. Here's to a great year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment