November 19, 2016

Shun the Sun Run

Emmy decided she wanted to run the 10k during Gilbert Days. I wanted to run the half marathon so Jamie said he would run the 10k with her. She trained really hard for the 10 weeks leading up to it and was ready for it. Wacey and Jenny made her this cute sign to wish her good luck.

Her and Jamie both did awesome. There were 10 kids in the 13 and under age group. She ended up 3rd.
Here she is getting her 3rd place pin. I am amazed at her. There is no way I could have ran 6 miles when I was 9 years old. We had charged her IPOD the night before but something must have happened because it quit after 2 miles. Their run didn't start until 9 and it was hot and she still ran the whole thing. I was pretty proud of her.
I ran the half in 1:53:29 which was a couple minutes slower than the past couple of years but it was good to run it.

No comments:

Post a Comment