August 11, 2015

4th of July

We went to Taylor for the 4th. I am bummed that I didn't take more pictures. The oldest 3 kids ran the 2 mile race while I did the 10k. My dad and Raylee and Ryder also came and ran the 2 mile with us also which was fun. They all did so good. In the girls 9 and under Raylee won first, Emmy won second and Addy won third. TJ didn't place, but I think he should have. He ran faster than any of the girls and there were a couple of the boys who beat him who turned around before they had gotten all the way to the 1 mile mark. But he took it really well and was a good sport so I was super proud of him. I wish I would have gotten a picture of them all with their medals but I didn't. I won first in my age group and third in the overall women's category. I wasn't quite as fast as I had hoped, but it felt really good and I was happy with it. We had a cookout with my whole family one night and Shawn brought over a bunch of fireworks which was fun, especially since it had rained so much they cancelled the real fireworks the next night. It was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment