August 6, 2014

Liberty

After Haun's Mill, we drove to Far West and saw the temple site there. Then we drove to Independence and stayed the night. We got up early the next morning and went to the visitor's center and temple site there and then went on to Liberty Jail.
Liberty Jail was my favorite part of our trip. I felt the spirit stronger there than any place on our trip. Jamie and I were the only 2 people in our tour and after the Sister Missionary went through the tour with us she gave Jamie and I the chance to just sit in there by ourselves. The spirit was amazing and I don't think either one of us wanted to leave when the next group came in. It strengthened my testimony of Joseph Smith, the man that he was and the sacrifices that he made to restore the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment