I decided that I wanted to do the 10k over the 4th in Taylor. The longest I had run in a race before this was the Tillman and it is only 4.2 miles, a 10k is 6.2. I also knew I would have a harder time breathing in Taylor and it isn't near as flat as in the valley so I was a little apprehensive. But I decided I was going to give it a try. I asked the kids if any of them wanted to run the 2 mile while I ran the 10k. Addy and TJ both said they wanted to run it with me. So I told them they had to be able to at least run a mile without stopping before the day if they wanted me to sign them up. They both trained and ran over a mile without stopping so I signed them up. Jamie said he would run with them so I could do my race. TJ ran the 2 miles in 18:47 and Addy ran it in 20:22. I was so proud of both of them. The age group was 9 and under and they separated it into boys and girls. TJ was second in his age group and Addy was first. TJ told me he wished he would have won 3rd instead of 2nd because 3rd place got yellow ribbons:) I ended up running it in 52:41 which was about a 8 1/2 minute mile average so I was really happy about that. I ended up 3rd for the women and 2nd in my age group. It was a good morning and fun to get to do with the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't think I realized your time. Impressive!
ReplyDelete