When Jamie asked my dad if he could marry me, one of the things my dad advised him to do was to bring me home often and the longer I live, the more I appreciate that advice. Going home does something for my spirit that nothing else does. And going home on the 4th of July is one of my favorite things. I love the 4th of July in Taylor. Wacey had told the little kids he would take them around to follow the anvil. I wasn't planning on going, but Rook woke up to eat about 4:20 so I thought I might as well and I was so glad I did. The kids waiting for the anvil to go off.
The anvil ready to be lit, the picture is pretty grainy but it was still pretty dark outside.
The anvil going off. Next time I am taking ear plugs because trying to take pictures without plugging your ears, is not very fun.
After the anvil, me and Emmy ran our race, then we went back and got showered and then me and Jamie went to lunch at Trappers and then we took the oldest 2 kids to the rodeo, and then we went over to Shawn and Lindsay's to watch the fireworks.
Whenever we go anywhere I always ask the kids what their favorite part was. So on the way home Jamie asked me what my favorite part of the weekend was. I enjoyed it all. I loved watching the anvil go off. It brought back memories of us decorating our bikes and following it when I was a little kid. I loved watching Emmy run the race. She worked so hard and was so excited to win. I loved going to lunch with Jamie and enjoying my favorite place in Taylor to eat. I loved watching the rodeo with all its tradition and patriotism and I loved watching the fireworks. I am grateful for the town that I grew up in. I am grateful for the opportunities it provided to me. I am grateful for the connection to it that I feel and I worry that my kids won't ever have the sense of belonging somewhere. I am grateful to have a husband who will take me home because without him, nowhere is truly home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment