December 30, 2012

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was my family's Christmas party. We made big gingerbread cookies with the kids to eat there.
 The kids also got to open their gifts from their cousins.
Cody wasn't going to be there Christmas morning so we gave my dad and all my brothers their Christmas presents on Christmas eve. Homemade gifts are big in my family. When we were growing up my dad made us a lot of homemade gifts and continues with that today. This year I got Jamie involved in that tradition. He made knives for my dad and each of my brothers. Each knife was slightly different so we had them draw numbers and let them choose. Here is a picture of all the knives that Jamie made in preparation for Christmas. Some for his family, and some for mine. Tommy helped toole the sheaths for my family and Jamie tooled the sheaths for his.
 And here are my brothers and my dad with their knives.
I'm not sure what TJ is trying to convince Evie of here, probably that she needs help opening that present, but I think she is letting him know she's got it covered.
 All dressed in our new jammies ready for Christmas.
 After Santa has come, but before the kids are up.
Emmy wanted a My Twinn Doll.
TJ wanted a bow and arrow.
Addy wanted a new princess bike.
And Evie got a new doll. I'm not sure who has the crazier set of hair, Evie or her new doll.
Santa Clause was really good to me. I got a new flash for my camera and Jamie got a new gun and a GPS watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment