Jamie's grandma died on the first and her funeral was Saturday. Her name was Jeane but all the grandkids called her Gay. This is a picture of her and TJ when he was born. She was 91 years old when this picture was taken.
And this is a picture of a woman in our ward, Sister Shahan. We have gotten to be friends the last year.
As I was contemplating Gay's passing, I realized how much these two women remind me of each other. They are both beautiful women inside and out. They both have more style than I could ever dream of having and I doubt either one of them has ever left the house in a pair of sweats and a ponytail. They both grew up in the valley, Gay in Mesa and Sister Shahan in Gilbert. At Gay's funeral they told the story of her surfing the canal with a surfboard pulled behind a car. I had to smile because a few months ago Sister Shahan told me about doing the same thing. Both of these women, despite health concerns and age, always seem to smile and continue to contribute. Both are kind, gentle and the kind of woman that I can only hope to try and emulate. I love them both.
I realized after the funeral that they were both born in 1917, both 94 years old. That must have been the year of incredible women.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment